If you’re reading this article, it means you or someone you love is struggling with a Ritalin addiction problem. You’ve been through the research detailing the warning signs, the side effects and the withdrawal symptoms. It’s now time to take that important next step and seek out professional treatment. As you explore your options for rehab, cost will obviously be a factor. Before going to the bottom line, you need to make sure you’re selecting the best rehabilitation center for your needs. The decision you make for a recovery plan will have lasting effects. Consider asking these types of questions:
- What are the different recovery plans offered? A viable rehabilitation facility should combine inpatient and outpatient care. Working on getting clean and establishing new productive behavior patterns are important during the initial inpatient stay. Equally important is an ongoing outpatient program that includes continuing therapy. This is vital for success.
- What kinds of patients will be in attendance? This question pertains more to age than addiction type. In many ways, a Ritalin addiction and the subsequent issues it brings up are similar to other forms of addictions. However, when the sufferer is a teenager then the rehab center needs to be supportive around those specific needs.
- Will there be medical supervision? It’s important to have certified doctors and nurses on call at a treatment center, especially during the detox phase. This is when withdrawal symptoms can rack the body with all kinds of ailments. Knowing that a doctor is within walking distance goes a long way towards relieving the anxiety over the process. Don’t hesitate to ask for the medical qualifications, certificates and training experience of the staff.
- What is the environment like? A person going through Ritalin addiction recovery needs a calming atmosphere that is away from temptations and stress. This could mean different things for different people. Some embrace the ocean while others prefer a mountain setting. It could mean that some travel might be involved. This would need to be factored into the overall costs of the rehab stay.
- What role will the family play? As the patient continues their journey through recovery, family and friends should be integrated into the program. Keep in mind that this won’t always mean right away. There might be some issues playing out within the family dynamics which need to be discussed, especially if these issues were triggers for the drug use. Separately, the family should also be given counseling about how to support their loved one once they rejoin them.
- How long will the stay be? This is a question that is best answered in consultation with a doctor and will be based on the severity of the addiction. Inpatient stays can range between two weeks to 90 days. The average stay is for 30 days.
The Bottom Line Regarding Ritalin Treatment Costs
When all of these questions have been sufficiently addressed, you’ll have a more complete portrait of the rehab costs. Depending on the circumstances, the averages could be anywhere between $3,000 and $12,000 for outpatient care and $7,000 to $35,000 for inpatient treatment. To find out more information about rehab costs, counselors are standing by at the toll-free number on this page.